Foodies Along the Coast - Coastal Maine Foodie Adventures
Everyone knows that one of the best parts of vacations are trying new foods. The way to a travelers’ heart is through the stomach, and the Inns Along the Coast have all sorts of fun and interesting ways to enjoy an Inns Along the Coast itinerary filled with New England foodie fun.
Start with our Basic 6-day itinerary then add some of these great foodie options in Kennebunkport, Rockland and Bar Harbor. You’ll dine your way along the Coast of Maine enjoying everything from lobster to balsamic oils along the way at Maine restaurants and shops.
Kennebunkport Optional Foodie Add-ons:
- Cooking Classes using local meats, produce and seafood’s at 50 Local. Click here for info.
- Cooking classes with Chef Jonathan Cartwright at White Barn Inn. Click here for info.
- Cooking classes at scenic On the Marsh. Click here for info.
- Beer tasting and see Shipyard Brewery at Federal Jacks. Click here for info.
- May 1 – October: Visit a quintessential Maine Lobster Shack owned by a fisherman: Nunan’s Lobster.
- May – October: Enjoy dining on lobster and seafood inside or out under the tent along the river: Arundel Wharf Restaurant.
Rockland Optional Foodie Adds-ons:
A great way for foodies to enjoy the perfect itinerary is to book the Savor the Flavor of Midcoast Maine Package at any of the three Historic Inns of Rockland offered from June – mid-October. Click here for full information and a delicious itinerary for Midcaost Maine visitors.
- Enjoy your own self-guided wine and spirits tasting tour by visiting any of these wineries within a 30-minute drive of Rockland:
- Cellardoor Winery, Camden: Open year round
- Sweetgrass Winery & Distillery, Union, Maine: Open May – mid-October.
- Savage Oaks Winery: Union, Maine: Open May – October. Enjoy a self-guided tour of this unique farm along with tastings.
- Breakwater Vineyard, Rockland, ME: Tasting room on Rockland’s Main St open year round.
- Visit Fiore Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars on Rockland’s Main Street for special tastings of flavored olive oils and Balsamic vinegars. Click here for info.
- Enjoy a cooking class at Salt Water Farm Cooking School offering farm to table classes right on the farm. Offered July & August. Click here for info.
- Visit Beth’s Market in Hope, ME offering the most unusually fabulous collection of locally grown produce, sustainable caught seafood, baked items and much more. Open year-round. For info, click here.
- Apple Picking in Hope Orchards – seasonal – September & October. Click here for info.
- Enjoy Maine lobster, clams and crab right on the shores of a beautiful cove at Waterman’s Beach lobster, open Mid-June to early September. Click here for info.
Bar Harbor Optional Food Add-ons:
- Take the Bar Harbor Foodie Tour or the “Happy” two-hour tour offered June – October and enjoy tastings at each stop during this lively guided tour. Info here.
- For beer tastings and brewery tours, visit Bar Harbor Brewing and their sister property, Atlantic Brewing Company.
- Enjoy wine tasting and shopping at Bar Harbor Cellars Winery located at Sweet Pea Farm, offering wines from locally grown grapes, fresh cut flowers and produce for local consumption. Info, click here.
- Fiore Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars initial location was Bar Harbor. Visit for tastings and take home an ample supply of recipes too.
- Eat (lobster) drink and be messy at Beal’s Lobster Pier with beautiful views of nearby Southwest Harbor. Open May – October. Info: Click here.
- For everything “lobstah” be sure to visit Side Street Café open year round in Bar Harbor. Click here for info.